Re: [engelang] Xorban: Termsets

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Mike S. <maikxlx@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM, Jorge Llambías <jjllambias@hidden.email>
> wrote:
>>
>> sentence := formula | CA # formula | WA
>>
>> formula := HA | CCA | NA # formula | LA # formula # formula
>>
>> # := (CA # formula | WA)*
>
> As a side note, I admit that notation is nice and easy to read when you're
> used to it.  My concern is whether something so cryptic is the best way to
> present the grammar to the world.

As a compromise, I added the full names of the word classes in their
definitions, but I kept the cryptic notation for the syntax part. I
also followed you in dividing the grammar in three sections. And I
re-named simple formulas as atomic formulas.

> We could probably use something analogous to GOhA to say things like
> "yes".  Whether that class should be implicitly restricted sentential
> variables or pro-formula particles I have given no thought to. But I do
> think that that class is unsuited for doing what the trees that we have been
> developing do.

All right. Let's forget about that for now.

I notice that we are allowing "coordinator foretree foretree" as a
foretree, but not "binder fortree foretree". Is there any reason for
this asymmetry? We could use that for example in:

ri fi la ma djna he fi la ma lse he le zrce klmake
"Every time John does, Alice does too, go to the store."

co ma'a xrxe