Xorban: Termsets

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 8:07 AM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:
> John E Clifford, On 11/09/2012 03:45:
>
> > Well, a couple of examples: parallel predicates with intertwines
> > strings of terms (Lojban can do this -- the rules are implicit, but
> > never spelled out);
>
> What's an example of this? I don't know what it is you're describing.

My guess would be Lojban termsets. Given:

je la mlta le ldre pnxake la xrma le djce pnxake
A/cat(A): E/milk(E): drink(A,E)  &  A/horse(A): E/water(E): drink(A,E)

The challenge is, is there a way to avoid repeating "pnxake"?

We could try our already defined g-:

la ga mlta xrma le ge ldre djce pnxake
A/cat(A)+horse(A): E/milk(E)+water(E): drink(A,E)

but that's missing a "respectively".

Maybe this:

lake gake je mlta ldre je xrma djce pnxake
(A,E)/(cat(A)&milk(E))+(horse(A)&water(E)): drink(A,E)

Any takers? I think it works. If it does, I'm making variable strings
after all operators official. Possibly even after those where the
vowels are not variables, so that for example we have "nake" available
as another unary-operator form.

ma'a xrxe