Re: [engelang] Xorban: Termsets

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 4:56 AM, Mike S. <maikxlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> _Shorthand Rules with Trees_
>
> sentence := formula | explicit-sentence
> explicit-sentence := c VkV formula | w VkV
> formula := (C C C* | q ( C? V? )* q) VkV | term formula | foretree formula
> | formula aftertree
> aftertree := hi explicit-sentence? | term aftertree | coordinator
> aftertree aftertree
> foretree := he explicit-sentence? | term foretree | coordinator foretree
> foretree
> term := (b|f|d|v|m|n) VkV | (l|r|s|x|g) VkV formula | coordinator formula
> coordinator := j VkV
> VkV := V (k V)* explicit-sentence?
> V := ( a | e | i | o | u ) ( ‘ V )?
> C := b | c | d | f | g | j | k | l | m | n | p | r | s | t | v | x | z

In selma'o notation, this would become:

sentence := formula | CA formula | WA
formula := CCA | term formula | foretree formula | formula aftertree
aftertree := HI | term aftertree | JA aftertree aftertree
foretree := HE | term foretree | JA foretree foretree
term := NA | LA formula | JA formula

where the rules for constructing words have been omitted. (And also
that each word can be followed by an explicit-sentence.)

Should "JA formula" really be a term, or should we rather have:

formula := CCA | term formula | JA formula formula | foretree formula
| formula aftertree
aftertree := HI | term aftertree | JA aftertree aftertree
foretree := HE | term foretree | JA foretree foretree
term := NA | LA formula

?

co ma'a xrxe