Re: [engelang] Xorban: Termsets

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 3, 2012, at 10:43 PM, "Mike S." <maikxlx@gmail.com> wrote:

A couple tweaks:  explicit sentences are allowed after "he", but not after "hi", since there might be another aftertree following.

la ma djna he lu ( ra grka he fu ju glka xkra ra mlta hi ) ju stda jnvaku la ma lce hi.
"John, that all dogs are happly black, as are all cats, firmly believes, as does Alice."

Still trying to sort thing out a bit.
1. I guess that djn and lce are simply predicates not explicitly names (but then shouldn't the latter be lca to fit the pattern? Typos get really confusing sometimes).

2. hi is an anaphoric prosentence, like Lb go'i, with the replacement indicated each time.

3. ? he is a cataphoric prosentence - or proformula, anyhow -- No, that's not working.  Why is ra grka outside the proposition (is f a generic abstractor, capable of taking any of the at least three types?) but ra mlta inside?  But at least he says the two hi'd sentences are AND joined?  I don't see why he rather than je here.  And I don't see these as involving term sets at all.  They seem rather to use the also useful -- but less abreviatory -- pro devices.

I obviously need to work through some more examples before I can talk about this system.