Re: [engelang] reformulating the core grammar

And Rosta scripsit:

> That's quite an extreme position. We can't scrutinize it yet, because
> we don't yet have an agreed phonology, but for [j] and [y] to be
> allophones of a phoneme in contrast with the phoneme with allophone
> [i] looks to be on shaky ground.

The natural semivowel correspondent to [y] is [H] -- but now we are
*really* far away from the notion of using sounds common in the world's
languages.

--
Andrew Watt on Microsoft:                       John Cowan
Never in the field of human computing           cowan@hidden.email