Re: [engelang] reformulating the core grammar

Yesterday I tried writing a parser for Xorban using the documentation on wordpress. I noticed some things that confused me a little bit.

Firstly, I noticed that the grammar says that binary operators and interjections are followed by "desinence", not just a simple vowel. This means that "laka mlta bjra" parses, as does "la'e mlta je'iko bjra ctke", which seems like nonsense. Is it nonsense?

Secondly, what is the "y" doing in the stems? Is this for compounds? The parser tells me that "cktykxa" is a formula, so I assume it's for compounds.

Thirdly, if I'm reading the grammar correctly, then "qaeiouq" is a legal stem and so is "qq". Is that true?

Despite all that, the parser is working, albeit it's not yet the way I'd want it to be. I personally prefer strictly binary syntax trees, and the current BNF is not at all binary. So I'd have to rewrite some of it.

mu'o mi'e la selpa'i

--
pilno zo le xu .i lo dei bangu cu se cmene zo lojbo .e nai zo lejbo

doị mèlbi mlenì'u
   .i do càtlu ki'u
ma fe la xàmpre ŭu
   .i do tìnsa càrmi