Re: [engelang] reformulating the core grammar

Am 08.10.2012 18:05, schrieb Jorge Llambías:
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM, selpa'i <seladwa@hidden.email> wrote:

Oh and I forgot to ask about something else. If "y" is the schwa used to
break up consonant clusters, then what about the interjections that used
to be yV? Are they gone?

"y" is not schwa, which is never written.

"y" is [j] (and I think Mike proposed it could also be [y] in lujvo).
We only defined a few interjections with w-, but I mentioned that I
would probably like to add some with y- too.

Oh, okay. A shame that there are so few letters in the latin alphabet. :) I would prefer if every letter had just one pronunciation, but there aren't any letters left if you don't introduce diacritics. Maybe a hyphen can replace the stem-internal <y> thus: "bcd-fgj". But in speech, there is no difference between that and "bcdfgj" (if you happen to insert a schwa in the middle), and you can insert schwa anywhere anyway, so is this compound hyphen really necessary? Not a very urgent issue though.
For what it's worth, I'd like to have the y- interjections.

Also, could you show me a sensible example of something like "wake"?

The desinences of interjections are not variables, so "wake" is just
an as yet undefined interjection.

Noted.

mu'o mi'e la selpa'i

--
pilno zo le xu .i lo dei bangu cu se cmene zo lojbo .e nai zo lejbo

doị mèlbi mlenì'u
   .i do càtlu ki'u
ma fe la xàmpre ŭu
   .i do tìnsa càrmi