Re: [engelang] Xorban Development

Jorge Llamb�as, On 31/08/2012 03:27:
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM, And Rosta<and.rosta@hidden.email>  wrote:
I think you should do comparatives next. Once Xorban can do comparatives,
it can probably do most of whatever else it needs to.

Ok, this is how I would do it the long way: let's use "u'u" for "ma
kau", a variable that takes the "right" value. "klnakeki" is "A
amounts to E in dimension/as an I". Then:

la trca le zdne li glti lo klnoku'uki zmdakeko
The tree (A), the house (E), being tall (I), amounting to whatever one
amounts to as I (O), A exceeds E as an O.

That's just a direct calque/adaptation from Lojban:

lo tricu cu zmadu lo zdani lo ka ce'u klani ma kau lo ka galtu

Now we just need a way to make that more compact.

"You read more books than me"
la le ckte xi clrake knceki zmda'ake'eka
(knc- agentless kancu, x1 are x2 in number)

"The tree is taller than the house"
la trca li zdni lu smu xo smo gltmrluko
(gltmrl = x1 is x2 amount tall [I think that shd be basic meaning of glt])

Did I get these right? I think they're as compact as possible, but for the smVs.

--And.