Re: [engelang] Xorban Development

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:38 AM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:
> Jorge Llambías, On 30/08/2012 03:20:
> >
> > d is a binder for names (Lojban "la"), and m- was proposed as the
> > quantifier "many" although we haven't said anything much about it yet.
>
> If it was me proposed "many", I meant it just as an example of a
> fractional quantifier (along with "three out of every four" and so forth),
> and because the range of fractions is openended, I had in mind a triadic
> predicate "X% of things with property Y have property Z", or else a ternary
> operator.

I proposed m- without much thought. I will remove it until we see a
more clear need for it. I agree it's better to handle it with a
predicate.

> As for d-, why is it not a unary operator, analogous to the new "ne", that
> encodes that its [I really want to say "complement" here!] dependent is
> onomastic?

What happens to any free variables in its complement/dependent? Are
they implicitly bound within the scope of "da", and thus unavailable
for binding by another operator? That would seem to be what makes
sense for names. So I think we could use "no" for the onomasticker,
but I don't see how "ne" could work.

mu'o mi'e xorxes