Re: [engelang] Xorban Development

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Mike S. <maikxlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> la xrma le sme je strafe bjrafe
> "The horse is swiftly running."
>
> This is probably going to be common enough of a construction that we'll
> want a shortcut.  I propose a new binary, "joy":
>
> la xrma joy bjra stra
> "A/the horse in the same event runs and is fast."
> "The horse runs fast."
>
> ... in which some variable is bound and understood to be f-suffixed to
> "bjra" and "stra".  This variable could be anonymous, or better yet, assign
> it as "oy" to match "joy" (understood as bound as "loy smoy" until assigned
> again) for possible use elsewhere.

I like it, but I'd use "ju" which is available. If it turns out it
would be useful to have the vowel be a variable rather than there
purely for morphological reasons, I would say use a different
consonant as a new binding operator.

> There is a question regarding the nesting of "joy"s.  Should we keep
> repeating "joy" or is "je" sufficient for nested subsentences.  In other
> words the question is of rendering "The horse runs fast and happily" as:
>
> la xrma joy bjra joy stra glka
>
> ... versus
>
> la xrma joy bjra je stra glka
>
> I prefer the sound of the second.

They are logically equivalent once joy/ju is expanded, right?

ki'e mi'e xorxes