Re: [engelang] Xorban Development

Jorge Llamb�as, On 30/08/2012 01:51:
On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM, And Rosta<and.rosta@hidden.email>  wrote:
Jorge Llamb�as, On 28/08/2012 02:54:
On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 8:37 AM, And Rosta<and.rosta@hidden.email>  wrote:

It'd be good to expand the use of these abbreviations, because
they're conciser. E.g. if variable "oi" means "bound by complement
predication", "I believe there's fire" could be "jnva'akoi sa sma
fgra".

Is "complement predication" meant to be always the following sentence?
So something like Lojban's "la'e di'e"? I'd rather it meant "the
following" and not the overprecise "the following (single)
predication".

I meant that the predication would be a dependent of oi, so occurring in
the same sentence. "Oi" could mean "the following sentence", but in the
sense of "following complete phrase" not "freestanding macrosyntagm (i.e.
syntagm that is not part of a larger syntagm).

So change the grammar rule for formula from:

formula:= simple-formula | complement formula

to:

formula:= simple-formula (koi formula)? | complement formula

(this only works because "oi" is not a valid variable in simple-formula)

Why isn't oi a valid variable in simple formula?

I've forgotten what the difference between simple and complement formula is, so am not able to work out how come it seems that "koi formula" occurs in only the former.

--And.