Re: [engelang] Xorban Development

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 10:16 PM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:
> Jorge Llambías, On 30/08/2012 01:51::
> >
> > formula:= simple-formula (koi formula)? | complement formula
> >
> > (this only works because "oi" is not a valid variable in simple-formula)
>
> Why isn't oi a valid variable in simple formula?

Because so far only V('V)* are variables.

> I've forgotten what the difference between simple and complement formula
> is, so am not able to work out how come it seems that "koi formula" occurs
> in only the former.

See: http://xorban.wordpress.com/grammar/

Since a formula can end in "koi formula", "complement formula" also
can end in "koi formula". It's just that "koi formula" will be inside
the "formula" part, not added to the whole "complement formula" (that
would be ambiguous without a terminator).

A simple-formula is just:  CCC* V(‘V)* ( k | f | b ) V(‘V)*

so for example "mlta" is a simple-formula, while "na mlta" is a
"complement formula".

so "jnva'akoi jnve'ekoi fgro'e" is unambiguously "jnva'akoi (jnve'ekoi
fgro'e)", there's no possibility of it being "(jnva'akoi jnve'e)-koi
fgro'e" because koi can only attach directly to a simple-formula, not
to a formula like "jnva'akoi jnve'e".

mu'o mi'e xorxes