Re: [engelang] Xorban Development: Questions

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 12:36 PM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:
> Jorge Llambías, On 01/09/2012 15:34:
> >
> > ca lo jrca'ako fo la kcla'aka fa xe tcke li kncrti cfrike
> > Hereby what I express is that what I wonder about is as to what time
> > the concert starts at.
>
> I was going to ask why you weren't using "I hereby enquire", but that's
> obviated by this:
>
> > And "ca lo jrca'ako fo la kcla'aka fa" is something we want to assign
> > to a cV illocutionary, say "ca'u":
> >
> > ca'u xe tcke li kncrti cfrike
> > At what time does the concert start?
>
> Good.

That's a very mild, non-intrusive kind of question, where you express
your curiosity and hope your interlocutor is able and willing to
satisfy it. Very polite. At the other extreme there should be an "I
hereby command you to tell me" one, and "I hereby enquire" may fall
somewhere in between.

> And this?:
> "ca'u xi smi la xtntcsaki fa su smu crvu"
> To what extent is it the case that it's raining? Is it raining?

Isn't nu something like "xi smi la xtntcsaki fa", "Whatever the extent
that ... is the case"?

If so, then "ca'u nu crvo'e", "Is it raining, I wonder?".

But also "cu" by itself should be defined as the yes/no question, with
whatever predicate gives the most neutral way to ask a question, so
that "cu crvo'e" is the plain "is it raining?"

mu'o mi'e xorxes