Re: [engelang] Xorban Development

Jorge Llamb�as, On 31/08/2012 03:27:
I think you should do comparatives next. Once Xorban can do comparatives,
it can probably do most of whatever else it needs to.

Ok, this is how I would do it the long way: let's use "u'u" for "ma
kau", a variable that takes the "right" value. "klnakeki" is "A
amounts to E in dimension/as an I". Then:

la trca le zdne li glti lo klnoku'uki zmdakeko
The tree (A), the house (E), being tall (I), amounting to whatever one
amounts to as I (O), A exceeds E as an O.

That's just a direct calque/adaptation from Lojban:

lo tricu cu zmadu lo zdani lo ka ce'u klani ma kau lo ka galtu

Now we just need a way to make that more compact.

Good. Some more stuff to consider:

"I wonder who you reckon loves who"
-- I think this shows that the wonderee argument is binder of two makau variables. So we need a new C -- h, say -- that binds one or more variables ("h-i-k-a-k-u"?)m the variables interpreted as makaus. And then "bcdu'u" can be considered an abbreviation of "ha bcda".

"ka ce'u prami ce'u"
Given that "ka ce'u xekri" is being Xorbanned as "la xkra", "ka ce'u prami ce'u" might be Xorbanned as "laki prmaki".

--And.