Re: [engelang] Xorban Development

Jorge Llamb�as, On 02/09/2012 01:29:
On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM, And Rosta<and.rosta@hidden.email>  wrote:

2. Donkey sentences: "Most farmers who own a donkey [are farmers who own a
donkey and] beat it".

This one you won't like for a couple of reasons:

  la je frmra le xsle pnsake li mjrtika drxike

but that's how I would say it.

It's good! (Remind me why I wouldn't like it?)

Ah, okay. I see a couple of reasons.

One is that it doesn't distinguish between each farmer beating just their own donkey or beating every farmer's donkeys (among various other distinctions not made).

Another is that I can't work out how to say "If anybody sees anything, they'll probably eat it". Well, it can be done as:

la fa sa prna si smi vskake li fi sa prna si vskaki ctkaki lknaki

-- but with a load of repetition. Basically in asking about donkey sentences I was looking for something that gets rid of the repetition.

--And.