Re: [engelang] Xorban Development

Jorge Llamb�as, On 01/09/2012 18:50:
On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 1:30 PM, And Rosta<and.rosta@hidden.email>  wrote:
"The tree is taller than the house"
la trca li zdni lu smu xo smo gltmrluko
(gltmrl = x1 is x2 amount tall [I think that shd be basic meaning of glt])

You're missing a "zmdakiku", and one of the "sm" should be removed:

I astonish myself with the blunders I turn out to be capable of.
  la trca li zdni lu xo smo gltmrluko zmdakiku
The tree-A, the house-I, whatever one is as tall as-O, A exceeds I as O.

Or:

la trca li zdni lu xo gltmrluko smo zmdakiku
The tree-A, the house-I, being however tall one is-O, A exceeds I as O.

Where you have "O" in these glosses, I would have had "U". Did you definitely intend "O"?

Anyway, this is all pretty cool -- some of the hardest stuff to tackle is tackled with ease.Xorban is really elegant!

More tricky stuff:

1. Conditionals. (A mu'ei-type analysis, I'd think.)
2. Donkey sentences: "Most farmers who own a donkey [are farmers who own a donkey and] beat it".
3. Reciprocals of various sorts -- I'll try to dig out some complicated varieties.
4. "twelve boys and girls"

For all of them I can see a way to a solution, but the details need to be worked out, stuff needs to be invented,

--And.