Re: [engelang] Xorban: Properties

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 3:12 PM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:

> Compare
>
> E1'. She believed him dead.
> E2'. She saw him dead.
> E3'. She believed and saw him dead.
>
> E3' seems rather sylleptic to me.

I can't really judge for English, but the equivalent in Spanish seems
fine to me, especially if you desimultaneize them:

 She believes him, and will soon see him, dead.

Or if you put the seeing before the believeing:

 She saw and (thus) believed him dead.

> Nevertheless, I agree that for Xorban f- suffices.

This brings up the issue that in addition to the dyadic "x1 believes
x2"/"x1 sees x2" we could also have triadic "x1 believes x2 to be x3",
"x1 sees x2 being x3", so we can say:

la mrsa krca'ike'ika
She believes him dead,

la mrsa vska'ike'ika