Re: [engelang] Xorban: Properties

From: Jorge Llambías <jjllambias@hidden.email>
To: engelang@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 9:26 PM
Subject: Re: [engelang] Xorban: Properties

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM, John E Clifford <kali9putra@hidden.email> wrote:
> From: Jorge Llambías <jjllambias@hidden.email>
>
> Connectives all start with j-, quantifiers are r- and s- and variables
> are all vowels, so I don't see why you say they all look alike.
>
> But they all end with strings of vowels -- and the restrictions which you now propose are not the ones from last week or the week before (nor has the public record kept up).

The language is under development, yes, but I don't think any of those
have changed since the first day. Changes have been mostly on the
marginal stuff.
Well, this stuff is some of it pretty peripheral, some of it central and I am not convinced by the amount of time devoted and the precision with which it is dealt with that you are terribly clear which is which.

> But krici lo du'u doesn't mean "believe the proposition is true", it means "believes the proposition".

A distinction without a difference. And while I don't give much weight
to the actual wording of official definitions, the one for "krici"
happens to be: "x1 believes [regardless of evidence/proof]
belief/creed x2 (du'u) is true/assumed about subject x3".
Nor hardly quite and, shame on you for quoting crappy Lojban lists definitions that we have spent so much time (23 years or so) deriding.  The x3 place being particularly bad here (as generally in these sorts of cases).  One of them is a claim about fire, the other about a proposition, so not even plausibly having the same meaning.

co ma'a xrxe