Re: [engelang] Xorban: Properties

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM, John E Clifford <kali9putra@hidden.email> wrote:
> From: Jorge Llambías <jjllambias@hidden.email>
>
> I wouldn't put it that way. "k" is as always merely a variable
> separator. The binder would be "f", and it binds all the variables
> that appear in its desinence except for the first one.
> A yes, the old problem of connectives looking like quantifiers looking like variables, looking like whatever -- not a very perspicuous language so far.

Connectives all start with j-, quantifiers are r- and s- and variables
are all vowels, so I don't see why you say they all look alike.

> And f isn't a binder either, just a predicate maker.

So far it wasn't, but Mike's proposal is that it be a binder, binding
all variables in its desinence except for the first one.

> We have not so far seen any need to distinguish propositions from
> states of affairs, or rather, we've had no need to refer to
> propositions, so you can think of it as the holed version of a state
> of affairs.
> Well, someday you will have to deal with beliefs and the like and so will have to deal somehow with propositions.

Instead of "krcake" meaning "a believes that proposition e is true",
we can have it mean "a believes that state of affairs e holds", so we
don't really need to refer to propositions in order to deal with
beliefs.

> "It" being? multivalent properties or multivalent propositional functions or what?

I think "it" was supposed to be "la fakeki prmeki".

co ma'a xrxe