Re: [engelang] Xorban Development

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Mike S. <maikxlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is a way to implement selpa'i's proposal easily in the current
> grammar.  Call "p-" the "afterthought restriction operator".  It would be a
> binary operator that would look like a binder, but instead of binding a new
> variable, it would conjoin another restriction to the existing restriction
> of that variable.

That seems more palatable than adding a new selma'o. If we can be sure
it doesn't cause problems.

> se mlte sa grka pe xkra vskake
> "Some cat, some dog, a black cat I mean, [that dog] sees [that black cat].
>
> This would be logically equivalent to:
> se je mlte xkre sa grka vskake.

What happens when there's no prior restriction:

se pe xkre mlte bjre

Would that be the same as "je"?

And what happens when you can't move it back:

re mlte sa grka pe jrsake xkre
Every cat, some dog, that the dog chases the cat, is black.

That looks donkeyish:

re frmre sa xsla pe pnseka drxeka
Every farmer, some donkey, that the farmer owns the donkey, beats it.

co ma'a xrxe