Re: [engelang] Xorban Development

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM, selpa'i <seladwa@hidden.email> wrote:

> Let's say that cmavo is ... it seems all CV's are already taken. Can
> cmavo be CC(V) ?

Those are predicates. But there's still room for more operators.

> Well let's pretend the cmavo is bn- (you can change it
> to anything you want, this is just to describe the idea).

If we were to adopt it, I would go with p-, since the current proposed
function for p-, which I haven't even added to the grammar yet, can
easily be re-assigned to a jVkV form.

But what you are proposing is not just a new cmavo, it's a new
selma'o. Currently we only have four selma'o: NA, LA, CA and WA (plus
a fifth, CCA, if we want to call the class of predicates a selma'o).
Your selma'o PA would require a new grammatical construct.
Additionaly, it might also require splitting selma'o LA in two:
binders and connectives, since PA would only seem to work with the
binders. So we would be effectively adding two new selma'o.

> Then, bnV, depending on the vowel, adds a subordinate clause to the
> variable V.

I'm not sure I see why you need it to take a variable, though. It
seems to me that since it acts in conjunction with a binder, the
variable is already specified by the binder.

>Then the referent set of that V are restricted to only those
> referents for which the subordinate clause is true:
>
> le mlte bne li jbmi plpeki nlca'ake
> I like the cat that jumped on the table.

That could be:

la mlta pe li jbmi plpaki nlca'aka

"pe" would effectively be a postposed "je" but with a more restricted
functionality.

Instead of:

  binary-operator formula formula

we would have:

  binary-operator formula (p VkV formula)? formula

or perhaps:

  binary-operator formula (p VkV formula)* formula

> What do you think?

I don't know. It does allow a familiar pattern for saying some things,
but I'm not sure.

co ma'a xrxe