Re: [engelang] Xorban vocative, d- & m-

Mike S., On 16/09/2012 06:20:
For the vocative, I am just curious why simply "ca", or maybe a new
particle "co" which is available, couldn't do the job in cooperation
with other parts of the syntax. I don't think we need the ability to
bind arbitrary variables to anything referring to "you/me"; that's
what "e'e/a'a" is reserved for. (As a side note, how exactly does
"ca" differ from "ci"?)

ca [le'e rslfe'e] me'e ndi
VOC you are And
hereby, you are And

ca [la'a mslfa'a] ma'a mke
VOC I am Mike.
hereby, I am Mike.

If that's not good enough,

It has the wrong meaning. It would mean something like "Hey presto, you are now Mike" or "I hereby pronounce you Pope Mike the thirteenth".

I would guess "co" = "I hereby make the [possibly new] identification
such that" would work.

How? What are the rules for it?

I think the vocative is worth this short form.
A lot of languages get by with null.

I don't see any reason to lump all different sorts of vocative into one.

--And.