Re: [engelang] Xorban: la je cmla nltra

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Jorge Llambías <jjllambias@hidden.email> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM, Mike S. <maikxlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if we
> could make p an argument marker such that "lapi ccca" = la je psika ccca.

I would say:

pi F = je psika fa F

That makes p- very similar to Lojban's "do'e".

That would leave two variables free wouldn't it?  If we were going to import L do'e, wouldn't we create a unary operator p such that

pe F <=> lo fo F pseko
"e is associated with the event of F"

just as "be" presumably means

be F <=> lo fo F gsneko
"e causes the event of F"

where "e" is a free variable, but "o" is bound implicitly.  However, that would always associate the free variable of pe with the event of F.  It seems desirable to define p- such that it can associate a "e" with anything.

Otherwise p- has to
select an argument from F, but which one? The first one that is
unbound?

co ma'a xrxe

Let's say "p" were in the morphology as a sort of optional operator prefix.

Binder := ( p V )? ( l | r | s | x ) Desinence

Then "pelo" would be a binder equivalent to "lo" except that it would implicitly add "je pseko" to its restriction where "e" is free in "pelo R P".

pelo R P <=> lo je pseko R P

pa'ala mlta xkra <=> la je psa'aka mlta xkra.

We haven't seen much need for "do'e" yet, but if we need a shortcut I'd just suggest

ju pse F
in the same event, E pertaining to something, F.

I have also used ps this way to translate "about".

--
co ma'a mke

Xorban blog: Xorban.wordpress.com
My LL blog: Loglang.wordpress.com