Re: [engelang] Xorban: la je cmla nltra

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 8:57 AM, selpa'i <seladwa@hidden.email> wrote:

> > Using ps- for pe is very annoying. There should be a different way.
> > I'm not sure if leki pseki works.
> >
> > That works fine. It means "Some A & E pertaining to each other
> are such
> > that ...". Usually one would say something like "la je psa'ake mlte"
> > meaning "my cat ...".
>
> Right, but maybe it would be good to have a binary operator that stands
> for "je psVkV". Why not use "pe" for that?
>

> I am not sure what you have in mind here. you mean like pVkV?

I just meant something like

pe bbba ccca = la bbba le ccce psake

I think that binary p- would have to bind one variable and reference a free one such that "pika bbbi" = "je li bbbi psika".   Then we could have

la pika bbbi ccca ddda

= la je li bbbi psika ccca ddda

... which does shave two syllables off a frequent construction but consumes a whole C and forces the binder of bbbi to be li.  I wonder if we could make p an argument marker such that "lapi ccca" = la je psika ccca.  Then:

li bbbi lapi ccca ddda

= li bbbi la je psika ccca ddda

We could also say things like

lepa'a mlte prma'ake.
"I love my cat."

We could also have the p- come first as in "pa'ale mlte prma'ake".

--
co ma'a mke

Xorban blog: Xorban.wordpress.com
My LL blog: Loglang.wordpress.com