Re: [engelang] Xorban Terminology

On Oct 2, 2012 6:46 AM, "Mike S." <maikxlx@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 8:18 AM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:
>> Although I proposed dV, I see now that it needn't have a bound V that binds a V within its complement. It could just be a single invariant particle equivalent to Lojban "co'e voi".
>
> I guess you're right, because the targeted variable would be already explicit in the complement.  If the particle were say nu'a, then how would we definite it?  Maybe "nu'i F" = "lo nnvrdklo hoko F" meaning "in some nonveridical sense, F"?

I assume "hoko" has appeared in messages I have not read properly, so I don't know what it means.

I suggest "la nui bcda fgha" would be "la li bcdi dfntika fgha". (Either that, or "xi" rather than "li", but I haven't thought that through.)

Dfntika means co'e, with the x1 being a "voi" (or "vo'u", i.e. "o'u" version of "voi").

Dfnt should be a CC stem. "Dfnto'eka" or just "dfnta" would be analogous to bare co'e or to English third person personal pronouns.

I think I'd rather we nix most inessential unary operators until a later phase of the design when we start optimizing for brevity.

--And.