Re: [engelang] Xorban Terminology

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 8:18 AM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:

Mike S., On 28/09/2012 00:01:

> Technically speaking, "dV" does not bind the V that appears in its
> own desinence (vowel-ending), but it does bind the V inside the
> formula over which it has scope. Maybe the distinction would be clear
> if we thought of replacing every occurrence of V inside the formula
> under the scope of dV with V-prime.

Although I proposed dV, I see now that it needn't have a bound V that binds a V within its complement. It could just be a single invariant particle equivalent to Lojban "co'e voi".

--And.

I guess you're right, because the targeted variable would be already explicit in the complement.  If the particle were say nu'a, then how would we definite it?  Maybe "nu'i F" = "lo nnvrdklo hoko F" meaning "in some nonveridical sense, F"?

--
co ma'a mke

Xorban blog: Xorban.wordpress.com
My LL blog: Loglang.wordpress.com