Re: [engelang] Xorban compounding revisited

Mike S., On 30/09/2012 02:28:
Loglan is right in a way; logically, "smaller" is a more primitive
concept than "small", and "x1 has the size x2" is more primitive
still. But I don't know of a natural language that starts with "size"
and from that primitive notion derives "smaller" and "small" as well
as "larger" and "large". My loglang sketches used to do exactly that
though.

Livagian does too. All degree predicates are like "weigh" rather than "heavy/light" -- "x1 weighs x2", where x2 is a number like "a lot", "a little", "a kilogram".

I would recommend the same for Xorban. The predicates for "a lot" & "a little" could have "relative to x2" places.

--And.