Re: [engelang] Xorban compounding revisited

Because a black horse is not just black and a horse  (we won't go the whole Kung Sun Lung bit here) any more than a small star is both small and a star.

From: Mike S. <maikxlx@gmail.com>
To: engelang@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:50 PM
Subject: Re: [engelang] Xorban compounding revisited

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 10:19 PM, John E Clifford <kali9putra@hidden.email> wrote:
It seems to me that, before we get too deep into creating compounds, we ought to say something coherent about simple modification.  At the moment, as far as I can find, something like "that is a black horse" is going to have xkr xrma at the end but no way to fit it all into the grammar, which seems to only allow a single final predicate.  No connective I have seen seems set to deal with this, but I expect one can be fadged up for the purpose, if that is the way to go.

Why not just fadge up logical-and?

la tfa je xkra xrma.
"That yon is a black horse."

--