Re: [engelang] Xorban CC- stems

Am 24.09.2012 23:55, schrieb Mike S.:
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 5:44 PM, selpa'i <seladwa@hidden.email> wrote:

Am 24.09.2012 22:38, schrieb Mike S.:
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 3:41 PM, selpa'i <seladwa@hidden.email> wrote:

I had also proposed vl = "x1 is an event involving x2", for things like
"la ckta le vleka plkeka'a".

mu'o mi'e la selpa'i

Is there a Lojban word especially related to vl-?

I don't think so. I think I picked something I liked the sound of, and it also happens to have two consonants from the word "inVoLve". I didn't know relatedness to Lojban was important. I considered tx- because of tu'a, but I'm not sure about the status of x and h at the moment. vl- is a bit easier to pronounce though, so I don't know.

Okay, I was just curious.  Question for John Cowan: Is there a rafsi related to tu'a?

tu'a has no rafsi, not even related. You have to either use tu'a itself as a root (tx) or go a long way to bridi sinxa.

Also, would it be correct to say that

je ra vla fa smo'e ra fa smo'e vla

?

I'd say no, strictly speaking. The o'e might have different referents, that is, we don't know what the implicit argument(s) in "fa smo'e" are, at least in Lojban that would be the case. I'm not sure what xorban's policy is here.

mu'o mi'e la selpa'i

What I was trying to ask is whether things fitting into the x1 of vl- (leaving x2 unspecified) were exactly the same things that fit into f-.  It would be useful to have such a predicate.

Yes, they are both of the same "type", namely events. Just like "la plka fa smo'e"/"la fa smo'e plka".

mu'o mi'e la selpa'i
--
pilno zo le xu .i lo dei bangu cu se cmene zo lojbo .e nai zo lejbo

doị mèlbi mlenì'u
   .i do càtlu ki'u
ma fe la xàmpre ŭu
   .i do tìnsa càrmi