Re: [engelang] Xorban Development

Mike S., On 29/08/2012 03:10:
My understanding is, and perhaps John Cowan can tell us, is that
Lojban got some its ideas for attitudinals and evidentials from
Laadan.

That's right.

Xorban is getting some of its ideas from Lojban, which may
mean that Xorban is getting some of its ideas from Laadan.

I think that's unlikely. The inventors of Lojban didn't know much about linguistics, and nowadays, thanks to the internet, it's very hard to know as little as one generally did in those preinternet days. In fact, the time since most of the work on Loglan/Lojban was done has seen not only the appearance of the internet but also an upsurge in linguistics textbook publishing.

--And.