Re: [engelang] Xorban experimental tense markers

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 7:27 PM, selpa'i <seladwa@hidden.email> wrote:
> Am 15.10.2012 00:15, schrieb Jorge Llambías:
> >
> > Well, I suppose we could distinguish counting numbers from measuring
> > numbers, but I would rather do it with a modifier than with the basic
> > number word. In general I wouldn't mind saying that a count is just a
> > special type of measure.
>
> Oh my, now I wonder how to get all the distributive/non-distributive
> quantifying rules into Xorban.

r- is all we need for distributive, I think. There are so many ways a
predicate can be non-distributive that it doesn't really make sense to
me to mark that grammatically.

> It would be easy to copy the rest of
> xorlo as well, of course, but I don't know.
> Are there even enough systematic CV's left for the modifier numbers?

In principle there's an infinite number of operators available,
although they do get longer and longer. But by modifier I was just
thinking of lujvo, say kncynmra vs.klnynmra. But that only when nmra
by itself isn't clear.

co ma'a xrxe