Re: [engelang] xorban summary

I haven't quite got a grip on f and h yet, so I am not quite sure what your expansion says (not to mention the occasional uncertainty about buried Lojban words).  I think it is something like "On  all occasions, there are cats" and "On some occasion, ..." and "On the occasions I have in mind,...".  I don't know about other systems, but mine has no reference to occasions, though they might, but simply refer to(take your pick -- they come together in the end) the instantiations of la sma or how they satisfy mlt.  In fact, neither of these sentences needs any expansion as it stands ('la sma je mlta na mlta' does, though).

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 19, 2012, at 8:32 PM, Jorge Llambías <jjllambias@hidden.email> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Mike S. <maikxlx@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Okay, that may be reasonable. Let's imagine two separate but utterly
>> identical universes/worlds/situations/cases identical in all respects,
>> containing the same entities, history, etc. The universes are similar to
>> ours, and everything in these two universes is the same as each other until
>> a certain moment in which some interlocutor identical in those worlds up
>> until that moment says a sentence.
>
> In U1, he says: "la sma mlta."
>
> In U2, he says: "la sma na mlta.
>
> No tricks intended, which sentence if any is true, and why.

Neither is true in the absolute, nor false in the absolute. It depends
a lot on what he doesn't say, which may or may not be glorkable from
context. If his idea is "[re fsne fe] la sma mlta" that sounds false,
as does "[re fsne fe] la sma na mlta" .If his idea is "[se fsne fe] la
sma mlta", then that sounds true, as does "[se fsne fe] la sma na
mlta". More likely his idea is "[le je fsne pnsa'ake fe] la sma mlta",
which would require us to discern which situation he is trying to
describe before deciding whether his description is true or false.

co ma'a xrxe

=