Re: [engelang] xorban summary

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Mike S. <maikxlx@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Jorge Llambías <jjllambias@hidden.email> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 8:01 PM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:

> Yes it is good.
>
> The essay ends, BTW, by noting correctly that bcdo'eko'e cannot be "lo'e
> smo'e bcdo'eko'e".

I think it can be, because "lo'e smo'e" is the ultimate myopic
singularization, but I know everyone (starting with pc) will want to
throw stones at me for saying that.

pnja'ako'eko'e
"I put things on things."

co ma'a xrxe

Formally this would be

"la'a mslfa'a lo'e smo'e lo'e smo'e pnja'ako'eko'e"

I think we have to agree that the outer o'e-binding has no effect and the inner o'e-binding is applied twice.  Since we all (except pc) agree that "l-" is somehow singularizing, i.e. binds its variable to one entity (however that works), it's really hard not to read this as "I put things on themself".

Moreover, what would we want

le sme pnja'akeke

to mean?