Re: [engelang] Xorban: Semantics of "l-" (and "s-" and "r-")

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM, John E Clifford <kali9putra@hidden.email> wrote:

So, you can't just throw in an lV anywhere you want and succeed in saying what you want.  The same goes for rV and sV, of course, but seems to be more critical for lV.  But that is possibly an artifact of my still thinking in terms of {lo}, a different sort of operator.  Incidentally, if I understand what is going on aright, my problems with lV will have repercussions for the constants like "I" and "you" and "whatever": if lV is totally leftmost, then the first two are all right and the last all wrong; contrariwise contrariwise -- well, not really all wrong but "I" and "you" get redefined each time they appear.

I may be a little obtuse, but can you please explain why your "lV" is supposed to be underlyingly leftmost?  It seems to me that if your "lV" is anything like "sV", then you are making a rather stronger claim (when "rV" is in the picture) than you might want.  In contrast, if "lV" is rightmost and like "sV", you're making a weaker claim which seems more desirable in general.  Then again, I really don't know whether your "lV" is anything like "sV".  I guess what I am saying is that it would be nice to understand what you have in mind, because I really don't have a clue on that.