Re: [engelang] Xorban: Semantics of "l-" (and "s-" and "r-")

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM, John E. Clifford <kali9putra@hidden.email> wrote:

Not if you're going to build on it, as using l seems to do.  In the last thirty years or so, no meaningful explanation of what is now [[R]], or something in it's role, has been forthcoming.   laRa just projects a bunch of Rs into all the prescribed places.

There are no meaningful explanations of the zero-articles of Russian, Japanese, or Latin either, and yet somehow these languages seem to work fine.  What is occurring on this thread is something that I have not seen in reviewing the thirty years of archives of the "bowl-of-oatmeal mode of discourse" over "lo":  A proposal that actually attempts to put formalism first.  I say:

la Ra <=> sa [[R]]a <=> ra [[R]]a

Rock n roll, baby!