Re: [engelang] Xorban: Semantics of "l-" (and "s-" and "r-")

Whoa!  Who belongs to the 'lo = su'o' camp?  No one I know of off hand, and certainly not me (I explicitly say s does not imply l).  I also have done rather more serious work than most with actual possible world semantics (rather than the casual drop ins that turn up often in the discussions back on Lojban).  But I think that an awful lot of language is extensional and ought to be treated as such, bringing in the intensional only as needed.  That there are uses of "bears", for example, that require intensional treatment is obvious; that they don't all is equally obvious and trying to ram them all together in one ambitensional form is the road to logical disaster.
BTW, FOPL is strictly extensional and Xorban and Lojban, insofar as they are intensional, are a totally different breed.  The most accurate description of what we are after, I suspect, is a speakable version of Montague's intensional language (never mind that Richard would say that English already was one).

Sent from my iPad