Re: [engelang] Xorban Development

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:
> Jorge Llambías, On 30/08/2012 03:16:
> > On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 11:05 PM, And Rosta<and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:
> >
> > Well, I'm just trying to keep it simple for now. Formalizing the rules
> > for the proposed restrictions on vowel sequences would take some work,
> > and the result will end up looking quite messy, whereas V('V)* is
> > straightforfard.
>
> OK. I think my proposed restrictions on V sequences were pretty simple,
> but we don't need to deal with phonology for the time being.

They are simple, but not trivial to formalize. They are similar to
what I used for vowel sequences in Lojban, except I couldn't forbid ii
and uu because they are already words, and I had the additional
restriction that sequences ending in a semi-vowel could only end in
ai, au, ei, oi, not in eu, iu, ou, ui. Basically  S?V(SV)*S?, with V
being (a | e | i | o | u)  and S being (i | u), plus the restrictions
on the final S. Formalizing the restrictions, simple as they are, can
make the grammar look quite messy.

mu'o mi'e xorxes