Re: [engelang] Xorban Development

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Mike S. <maikxlx@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 10:25 AM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:
I would approach the rules differently, by defining the combinatorial properties of words, so the thing currently called "complement" wouldn't arise. I would normally have said a unary operator has one complement and a binary operator has two complements, but one could call them "dependents" instead, to avoid confusion.

Would "formula-modifier" be acceptable to you?  Then we can use "complement" in the manner that you want it to be used, to refer to formulas governed by operators.  I would prefer *not* to change the rules, but I agree that "complement" as it is used now has a slight smell.

Actually, let's just call it a "modifier".  There is no other type of modifier on the horizon.