Re: [engelang] Xorban CC- stems

Leonardo Castro, On 25/09/2012 01:10:

2012/9/24 And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email <mailto:and.rosta@hidden.email>>

     > I guess things like "want", "believe", "intend", "start" might warrant CCs too, i.e. on grounds of individual importantness.

You mean verbs whose arguments are other verbs or events?
E.g., "I want to sleep", "I believe I know", etc.?

I just meant "verby meanings that are very fundamental".
As I'm following Xorban at a distance, I don't remember if you
have decide to use the same word for "like" as in "I like chocolate"
and "like" as in "I like to swim".

We haven't discussed it, but I can't see any reason not to use the same predicate for both, though I'm interested to hear your reasons.

The "polymorphism" approach may be more economic and easy,
but having different words would be more precise.

Why would it be more precise?

By the way, mood markers for the main verb could do this job as well.

For example?

--And.