Re: [engelang] Xorban CC- stems

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 12:33 PM, John Cowan <cowan@hidden.email> wrote:

Mike S. scripsit:

> I should add that "ps-" would be more like "pe", which has no rafsi in
> Lojban than like "ponse".

The gismu related to "pe" is "srana", which differs from "ponse"
in two ways: ponse involves a social convention of some sort (hence the
x3) and is asymmetrical. If A srana E, then E srana A, but if A ponse E
then B does not ponse A.

So I'd go with something based on srana.

Okay, thanks.  srana doesn't have a CC rafsi, and I don't like sn- or sr- for "of", so I will note in the etymology that mnemonically [ps- < pe + srana].

--
co ma'a mke

Xorban blog: Xorban.wordpress.com
My LL blog: Loglang.wordpress.com