Re: [engelang] Xorban: parentheticals and interjections

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Jorge Llambías <jjllambias@hidden.email> wrote:

A parenthetical is any complete sentence inserted between any two
words of another sentence.

By "complete sentence" I mean one with an explicit illocutionary
operator, otherwise it would not be possible to tell that a new
sentence different from the current one is starting.

We haven't defined "word" other than by where we are writing spaces,
so the words we have so far are: simple-formula, unary-operator,
binary-operator, illocutionary-operator and is-called.

The precise semantic relationship between the inserted sentence and
the matrix sentence is left unspecified. Presumably the speaker has
some reason for injecting one sentence within another.

If "wi" is going to exist along side "glka'a", it's too bad we couldn't get "wi" to double as a unary operator with similar logical semantics as ni, but indicating the speaker's particular attitude to the construction under wi's scope.