Re: [engelang] intensions & extensions (Xorban)

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Jorge Llambías <jjllambias@hidden.email> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:

> >> 1. Let s-& r- be extensional, in the sense that in s/ra Ra Pa, Ra and
> >> Pa are in the same world.
>
> So given Rule (1), how do you talk about making a picture of a unicorn in
> such a way as to say the unicorn is in the depicted world but not in the
> world in which the picture is made? And how do you talk about a situation
> where there is a situation where is a unicorn and I do a picture of the
> situation? That's not a clear example. Trying again: How do you talk about a
> situation in which there is an explosion and I photograph it?

I wouldn't make that distinction with the grammar. I would say (when
the clarification is needed):

la je xnra pvsljrna pxra'ika
A/ imaginary(A) & unicorn(A): picture(it, A)

la je ftca fa spjo'e pxra'ika
A/ factual(A) & explosion(A): picture(it, A)

Wow. Why not "le je pxre mlte vska'ake" too?  I would not have expected you to handle this class of non-intersective adjectives with "je".   Is this how "fake gun" and "imitation crab meat" also get handled?  Surely it's closer to logical form to design some two place predicates that work like "pxr-".