Re: [engelang] intensions & extensions (Xorban)

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:

> >> 1. Let s-& r- be extensional, in the sense that in s/ra Ra Pa, Ra and
> >> Pa are in the same world.
>
> So given Rule (1), how do you talk about making a picture of a unicorn in
> such a way as to say the unicorn is in the depicted world but not in the
> world in which the picture is made? And how do you talk about a situation
> where there is a situation where is a unicorn and I do a picture of the
> situation? That's not a clear example. Trying again: How do you talk about a
> situation in which there is an explosion and I photograph it?

I wouldn't make that distinction with the grammar. I would say (when
the clarification is needed):

la je xnra pvsljrna pxra'ika
A/ imaginary(A) & unicorn(A): picture(it, A)

la je ftca fa spjo'e pxra'ika
A/ factual(A) & explosion(A): picture(it, A)

ma'a xrxe