Re: [engelang] Xorban "ju"

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 7:13 PM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:

Jorge Llambías, On 05/09/2012 23:09:

> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:43 PM, And Rosta<and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:
>>
>> Would it make sense to have instead of the operator "ju", a binary
>> counterpart of "fV"? E.g. "hV"?
>
> "hV" would be equivalent to "fV ju", right?
>
> Instead of "ju" you would need something like "lV smV hV".

An extra "lV smV" would have to be in there somewhere I think.

> And instead of "ju F1 ju F2 F3", we would have "lV smV hV F1 hV F2
> F3"? That's assuming that a state of affairs in which F occurs is
> equivalent to a state of affairs, in which a state of affairs in which
> F occurs, occurs.

I was thinking that "ju X Y", or "fV ju X Y", would be equivalent to "je fa X fa Y", and then to "hV X Y".

On reflection, tho, "ju" has a useful abbreviatiory function and uses up only one CV unit. "hV", tho, wd use up an entire C, just to abbreviate "je fa X fa Y", so the answer to my original question is No.

Besides the reason that "ju" is abbreviatory, another reason that replacing it with a C- would be a major waste is that what "ju" has scope over often is not a formula whose state of affairs you wish to capture.  For example, in things like "la xrma ju stra bjra" what you are probably usually going to want is "fu la xrma ju stra bjra", not "fu ju stra bjra".