Re: [engelang] Xorban Development

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM, Mike S. <maikxlx@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Jorge Llambías <jjllambias@hidden.email>
> wrote:
>>
>> "sa mlta xkra" leaves open the possibility of "sa mlta na xkra", with
>> the same context and all else being equal. "la mlta xkra" and "la mlta
>> na xkra" are contradictory, unless you assume a differentiating
>> context for each.
>
> That's interesting.  Is that how
>
> je la grka xkra la grka blba
>
> ... works?  A differentiating context in each complement of je?

Yes, "dogs are black (sometimes/in some cases) and also (sometimes/in
other cases) white".

> I assume
> that
>
> la grka je xkra blba
>
> ... only works with a Lojbanesque joi-reading.

I think it's the same case actually. If "je" meant the same event you
wouldn't need "ju"!

>  We have no choice but to
> say "najo"* with:
>
> la grka na jo nkna fetsa

I wouldn't have a problem with "ja" there either.

> Do you know any sources where these l-things been given a formal
> description?  It would be interesting to see some sort of list of their
> properties.

Most of their properies are the properties of bare plurals in English.

> *By the way, has the time come to boldly declare "jo" Xorban's
> exclusive-or operator?

I did consider it too. It does seem to be used more than iff, and
either can be got from the other.

mu'o mi'e xorxes