Re: [engelang] Re: Binary Trees by Tone

Leonardo, On 27/08/2012 19:01:
There are many ambiguities in natural sentences like
[...]
They are usually resolved by context, but I wonder what is the best
way to make unambiguous sentences with such a complexity sound as
natural as possible. And I wonder if normal people on the streets
would naturally and effectively deal with such a syntactic structure.
Anyway, I don't if this is the goal of most engelangs.

Most (but not all engelangs) want to eliminate that sort of ambiguity. It's easy to create unambiguous syntaxes, but there's some debate on how processable they are -- the processability difficulty would be an overload on short-term memory. But really we don't have enough experience of engelang use yet to have clear ideas on this.

--~And.