wiki (was: Re: Xorban Development

Mike S., On 25/08/2012 07:25:
On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Jorge Llamb�as <jjllambias@hidden.email <mailto:jjllambias@hidden.email>> wrote:
    On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 2:45 AM, Mike S. <maikxlx@gmail.com <mailto:maikxlx%40gmail.com>> wrote:
      > Should we start a dictionary? Perhaps we can put it up on that free wiki,
     > keeping backups for safe keeping.

    I might do that, if I can find where that wiki was.

Gleki Arxokuna suggested http://loccan3.wikinet.org/.  Presumably we could also create a http://xorban.wikinet.org so Xorban would have it's own space.  To be honest I don't know who runs wikinet.org <http://wikinet.org> or how stable it is, so with all due respect to Gleki I am not sure we should go there.

I could help you set up a Xorban blog on WordPress, and put the most up-to-date grammar on WP pages linked on the main menu (not blog posts, which is ephemeral).  That's the way I'd do it.  WordPress is like Yahoo.  It's not going away.

Lastly, it's possible that And's friends at LCS might set you up.  There are many options.  I am uncertain what's the right way to go.

Most conlangers I know use Frathwiki, a dedicated conlanging wiki. I believe that the LCS archive it in case it goes down.

Yahoogroups also allows for documents to be uploaded, tho possibly only accessible to list members.

I do hope that discussion will take place on the email list, tho. I find wiki-based (and bulletin-board-based) discussions impossible.

--And.