Re: [engelang] Re: [jboske] LoCCan3 development ideas.

Hmm, this is an interesting thread.  I think there's room for lots of
loglangs!  I wish we would explore more of the possibilities.

The loglang I'm working on is presently named "Babebabo"!  Its
segmentation and basic level of parsing is all in the vowels, it uses
five:

A:  Continues a root, so just "b" is a very short root, and then "bab"
is another root, or "t" is another very short root, and also "bat"
"tat" "tab" "batatatatab" "batabatababababababat" etc are all distinct
roots infinitely.  So there's plenty of room for roots, though of
course there's advantages to being short.

E:  Combines roots into compounds, so the root "t" plus the root "b"
makes the compound "teb", or the root "batatatatab" plus the root "t"
makes the compound "batatatatabet", or "bab" plus "tat" plus "bat"
makes "babetatebat".

I/U:  Together a root+i and a root+u form a pair of parentheses.
Inside them can be nothing, or one or more more such pairs.  So for
instance: "babi babu" (babi babu) or "babi babi babu babu" (babi (babi
babu) babu) or "babebabi babi babu babi babu babebabu" (babebabi (babi
babu) (babi babu) babebabu)  or "babi babebabi babi babu babebabu babi
babu babu" (babi (babebabi (babi babu) babebabu) (babi babu) babu)

O:  Just a shortcut-- if there's nothing inside of an I/U pair,
instead of saying the word twice it can be shortened to just root+o
once, so "babi babu" becomes just "babo" and "batabatabababababababati
batabatabababababababatu" becomes just "batabatabababababato"!

The next level of the grammar is determined by each enclosing pair of
parentheses.  Each root has its own grammar for what the things inside
it mean.  I'm not sure yet what the common grammars should be (it
can't really be completely different everywhere, or it won't be for
humans).

Several of the super short roots, for instance, should have a grammar
of lifting the first word from what they enclose, and then acting as
if the rest of the words they enclose had been enclosed by that word,
so instead of "babebabi babo babebabu" you could just say "di babebabo
babo du"

As well as these bits of the grammar I've also invented parts of the
process by which Babebabo will begin its life: Instead of starting
with a whole vocabulary, Babebabo will start with just a few words
perhaps and this skeleton grammar.  There'll be a system for proposing
and prioritizing new words, and one proposed word will be selected by
the community each day to begin its life as an official word of the
language.  The intention is that by dribbling the words out into the
language, each word in the language is guaranteed to have had a moment
where anyone cared about it enough to actually use it, define it, and
make friendly beginner lessons about it.

Sometimes the new word of a day will have an interesting internal
grammar, making the language more complicated grammatically and
enabling all sorts of new tricks everyone can start to play with.
Most days the new word of the day will just be like that "banan" now
means banana, so everyone can start saying "banani (whatever you
usually put inside a fruit word) bananu" and caption some images or
something so people in the future will be able to catch up.

<3,
mungojelly
aka
la stela selckiku