Re: [engelang] Self-segmenting words & the treatment of names

>> What's a good way to handle names in a self-segmenting
>> engelang that constitutes an optimal balance between (a) preserving
>> self-segmentation, (b) distorting the original name as little as possible,
>> and (c) concision.

How important is self-segmentation?  When JCB started in the 50s it
was a big deal, but today my watch is a more powerful computer than
he ever used.  It seems to me that if present state-of-the art speech
recognition software can perform word breaking about as well as a
human using a reasonable amount of resources, then making that part
of a language design is a waste of time.

--
Lee Daniel Crocker <lee@hidden.email> <http://www.piclab.com/lee/>
"All inventions or works of authorship original to me, herein and past,