Re: [engelang] Self-segmenting words & the treatment of names

> It is easy to construct a self-segmenting engelang, but the real snag
> is how to cope with names (etc., e.g. borrowings) where one wants
> to minimize distortion of the original form of the name. I'd be
> interested to hear people's ideas on possible solutions. Oh -- and
> a further criterion: concision is a desideratum, so the question is:
> What's a good way to handle names in a self-segmenting
> engelang that constitutes an optimal balance between (a) preserving
> self-segmentation, (b) distorting the original name as little as
> possible, and (c) concision.

In avoiding the distortion of the original, (b), do you give
precedence to preservation of the visual form, or to preservation
of (an approximation of) the auditory form of the original?

Bfowol
-------
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely
insane every night of our lives."    -Charles Fisher

CoreComm Webmail.
http://home.core.com